How to set up google analytics
How to set up google analytics please follow these steps –
Step 1: Create a Google account also you can use the existing one
If you already have an established Google or Gmail account, you don’t need to create a new one and you can go to the next step. If you don’t have a Google or Gmail account, follow the instructions below.
Create your Google account.
- Fill in all the information in the form and then click “Next step”.
- Google will ask you if you want to create a public Google+ profile. That’s optional and you don’t have to configure it if you don’t want to. Click “Create your profile” if you like, or click “No thanks” to skip it.
Step 2: Use your new Google account to know How to set up google analytics –
Now that you have an established Google account, we can go to configure Google Analytics.
- While you are still connected to your account, go to this website address: http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Click “Access Google Analytics” in the upper right corner and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Click “Register” on the far right.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we are going to configure Google Analytics for a website and not for a mobile app. Therefore, be sure to click “Website” at the top.
- Complete all the information on this page.
- Account name
- Website Name
- Website URL
- industrial category
- Reporting time zon
- Lastly, click the blue button at the bottom named “Get Tracking ID”
- A Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement will appear and you will need to accept it before continuing.
- You will then be presented with a unique tracking code that should be applied to your website.
Step 3: install the tracking code
- In order for Google Analytics to report on a variety of website metrics, you’ll need to install the tracking code on every page of your website. To install the code, you basically need it to appear on all the code pages of your website.
- If you don’t have experience adding code to your website, you should contact the web design company that manages your website.
- Copy and paste the tracking code into the header or footer file of your website.
- If you are adding the tracking code to the header file, make sure the code is contained before the closing </head> tag.
- If you are adding the tracking code to the footer file, make sure the code is contained before the closing tag </html>
Step 4: Make sure that the tracking code is mentioned on all the pages
There is a handy tool called GA Checker that will scan your entire website (up to 10,000 pages) to see if the Google Analytics tracking code exists on all pages. All you need to do is enter the name of your website and then click on the button that says “Verify your site”. If you installed the tracking code correctly, you would see a checkmark next to Google Analytics on all pages.
Step 5: Learn How to set up google analytics and use it
Now that you’ve installed the tracking code on every page of your website, it will take 24 hours for Google to start collecting data from your website. Please note that Google Analytics will always be delayed by one day and you will not be able to see current data.